Wednesday 26 September 2012

Meeting Béatrice Peltre

Me & Béa

I exactly remember discovering Béa's blog about 5 years ago. Since the beginning, I was absolutely stunned by her beautiful photography. For all those years, I've been following Béa's blog and admiring the photos which with time were getting even better and better.

I'm sure that many of you already know Beatrice's work. And if not, I encourage you to visit her wonderful blog La Tartine Gourmande to see what I'm talking about.

Never in a million years I thought that one day I would have a chance of meeting Béa. Few months ago, I moved to Montreal. Luckily, it was here, in Montreal that Béa held her workshops last weekend. So, not only I had the chance to meet her, but also to learn from her. 

Béa

She turned out to be an extremely nice and warm person. After showing us how she's working on her pictures, we had to prepare and photograph some food too. For our work, we had a vast choice of fresh ingredients as well as all sort of props. Béa watched us helping, giving us advice and constructive criticism as well.

Next, she showed us how to prepare some simple apple tarts. While the tarts were baking, we had delicious lunch prepared by the chefs of FoodLab restaurant, where the workshops took place. 

After lunch, when the tarts were ready, we continued to style and take pictures. Here's the tart styled and photographed by me. I hope I managed well, what do you think? 

Apple Tart

2 comments:

Umang Arya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shapemegood.in said...

Wow landed on your blog unexpectedly and I must say your writing style is co connecting. Would love to read more of your blogs.
Here a article written by me and Would love your feedback https://www.shapemegood.in